Monday, November 10, 2008

Baby Monitors Don't Monitor Just The Baby

I left Husband asleep in our bed and Daughter 0.1 asleep in her crib (which is in our bedroom) to do some online shopping and catch up on LOLcats when I heard this horrible noise through the baby monitor. I rushed to the crib worrying I'd find Daughter 0.1 coughing hard to keep from choking or vomiting worse than she ever has in her short life.

Instead I find her squinting with her hands in front of her face and body language that clearly said "Mom, I was sleeping. Why'd you turn on the light?"

Surprised, I stopped and listened. The shower was running. I walked into the bathroom to catch my husband sneezing. And sneezing again.

So through a closed door, over the noise of the shower, the baby monitor picked up my husband's sneezing fit while our baby was sleeping peacefully.

No comments: